In an effort to maintain the health of your vehicle, car manufacturers recommend complete vehicle inspections at regular intervals. Complete vehicle inspections provide a deep examination of the major components of your car.
At MIK Garage, our certified auto technicians perform these full car inspections and they know just what to look for. With a complete vehicle inspection, expect a thorough assessment of your vehicles:
- EXHAUST SYSTEM: we check for vehicle noises such as popping, hissing or excessive loudness, all of which could indicate issues related to exhaust problems such as leaking or damaged muffler, tailpipe, punctured catalytic converter or other exhaust problems.
- SUSPENSIONS: we check for suspension-related issues, including damaged shocks or struts, broken mounts or bushings and vehicle swaying or bouncing.
- TIRE PRESSURE CHECK: we examine tire pressure, making sure the recommended tire pressure is set according to your vehicles specifications.
- TIRE TREAD WEAR: we look for uneven tire wear on the outside and inside of tire and make sure tread wear has not fallen below recommended levels. Uneven tread wear can indicate there are alignment issues. We also check tread depth to make sure tires have not fallen below minimum levels.
- TIRE AND WHEEL ALIGNMENT: we assess vehicle stability and handling related to tire and wheel alignment and look for indications like uneven tread wear or a misaligned steering wheel that could help indicate an offset in vehicle alignment.
- VEHICLE LIGHTS & SIGNALS: we examine vehicle headlights, high beams, brake lights, turn signals, hazards and more.
- FLUID LEVELS: We monitor the fluid levels in your vehicle including washer fluid, coolant, brake fluid and more.
- WINDSHIELD WIPERS: when windshield wipers begin to smear, skip, bounce or fail to clear the windshield, it’s time for a replacement. We make sure your windshield wipers are operating safely for all driving conditions and recommend replacements as needed.
- BELTS AND TENSIONERS: we examine your vehicle’s fan belt, drive belt or serpentine belt and check the tensioner that attaches the belt to the engine.
- BATTERY: we assess your vehicle’s battery, checking the water level and looking for loose connections, loose cables and/or corrosion.
- AIR AND CABIN FILTER: we make sure these filters are free of debris and other pollutants, and that air is circulating properly.
Setup an appointment and come see us for your next complete vehicle inspection.